altogether Beautiful...

That is what my Jesus is to me. His voice is sweet, and His form is lovely. The most amazing, incomprehensible thing, though, is that I am altogether Beautiful to Him.

My Photo
Name:

I am a daughter of the King. I am a friend of sinners. I am confident that nothing shall separate me from the love of God. I am seeking a heart after God's own heart. I am righteous in Jesus Christ, apart from the works of the law. I am not ashamed of the Gospel.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Balance

I have read and studied Romans 4-8 over and over, and have been amazed as many times at my own identity and nature in Christ. How much Freedom would come to the Christian world if we only Knew what we are clearly told in Scripture! Dead to sin, alive to God~ how much more clearly could He tell us that sin is Powerless over those who believe?

Now I am excitedly reading Colossians and learning about My responsibility as a follower of Christ in the 'process' (still really seeking the truth of that term/ concept...) of holiness.
I was struck by Ch. 1, vs. 21-23:

"And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now
He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you

holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight-

If indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast,

and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister."

Wow. So it appears that we are reconciled, and we will be presented holy if we continue in the faith. So is that simply abiding in the vine, as Jesus taught in John 15? It doesn't look like we are doing anything special, simply continuing in what we have been called to.

I also want to know where the Scriptures fit in~ "Know ye not that they which run in a race, run all, but one receiveth the prize? So Run that ye may obtain." Definately an active Christianity. Perhaps my misconception is that "abiding" or "continuing" are passive verbs. Are they actually as active as "running?" I do not believe in passive Christianity, but I also think it is important that we know what we are striving towards.

If we are running towards righteousness or Christian maturity,
do we not miss the Joy of running towards Christ?

So then, let us remember Who Christ is~
"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation... And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fulness should dwell... Christ, In Whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. For in Him dwells all the fulness of the Godhead bodily;
And you are complete in Him, Who is the head of all principality and power."
~Col. 1:15,17,18,19, 2:2,3,10

It appears to me that if we indeed run straight to Christ, and to nothing else, we will necessarily become holy and mature followers. It is in Christ that all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden! It is Christ in Whom we are complete. It is Christ in Whom all fulness dwells. How exciting He is!

Let us run after Christ!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff, Shannon!! It's late so I'm still digesting and perhaps will be back later with more comments.

:-)
~~Becki

9:42 PM, December 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home