altogether Beautiful...

That is what my Jesus is to me. His voice is sweet, and His form is lovely. The most amazing, incomprehensible thing, though, is that I am altogether Beautiful to Him.

My Photo
Name:

I am a daughter of the King. I am a friend of sinners. I am confident that nothing shall separate me from the love of God. I am seeking a heart after God's own heart. I am righteous in Jesus Christ, apart from the works of the law. I am not ashamed of the Gospel.

Monday, March 13, 2006

something profound

Dear All,
I wish I had something profound to say, but I do not. And if I did, I would be too tired to make any sense of it anyway. It is 11:58. Alex, I love the new format of your site, it looks really really good. I am so tired. I have to do the dishes and blow dry my hair before I go to sleep, or even to bed. I went out with a friend and did cool stuff tonight. I went out on Saturday, too, and did really cool stuff. Tomorrow, well my aunt is coming in around 1, and I suppose we will do cool stuff tomorrow night... like sleep maybe.

So, what do you think of the word "love?" Is it allowed to be used? What does it mean? How strong is it? Does it carry "baggage?" It is certainly used differently in different situations, but I think that many uses are appropriate. I hope that when I am married, my heart will lend the neccessary emphasis to the word, and my husband will know that when I love him, and when I tell him that I love him, it is different than any love I have every had for any other person- or that I have ever expressed to them. It is a sacred word, but in loving we fulfill a command- so it cannot be wrong to express that to someone, can it? I certainly have respect for those who so value the word, for whom it is so sacred, that they reserve it wholly and will preserve it for their spouse. Sometimes I wish I could be other people... but I cannot and am not and will not ever be. Jesus. I just want Jesus. I want to know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings... and the joy of His love, and... Him. Just Him. Just Jesus. Jesus~ isn't that a beautiful name? The most beautiful name on earth. Or in heaven. In time and eternity, I love the name Jesus. And He loves me. And I love Him. And I love you, because He first loved me. And I want you- I want you to know Him, and love Him, and to be held by Him as I am. And I want you to be my friend, so that I can love you too, so that you will know for sure that Jesus loves you.

Sometimes it is hard, difficult, painful, to love people. To open up to them, to trust, to share your heart. But if Jesus is holding your soul~ then there is nothing to fear. Come to Jesus today, tonight, right now. Come to Jesus and let Him love you, He knows how, and let yourself love Him in return. He is waiting for you- go to Him, run to Him, run. He is everything.

I love you all, truly I do, in Jesus name. Amen.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps too much emphasis is put on the “word” love instead of what it actually means. For instance, I believe an extremely quiet person can express as much love as an expressive individual--even if the quiet person doesn't use the actual word "love" while the other does. Also something to consider... if a very quiet person does use the word "love", it tends to carry more significance then if an expressive person uses it.

Here’s the problem with using the word “love”. On the one hand, the concept of love in any situation is powerful—occasionally ranging to be extremely so. On the other hand, the term love is metamorphic, capable of describing any degree of the concept… at times regardless of the speaker’s intent. This alone should be a caution.

In the case of general use, for instance, “with love to you all”, the ‘all’ feel loved as a group. There are no special feelings implied for an individual. Change this, sign a personal letter stating, “I love you”, and everything changes. All of a sudden, love has metamorphasized to imply another level of love.

In general, maybe it would help to think of love the same way you do of hate… it’s not something to be spoken of lightly; it’s not something to be given easily.

Love changes according to situation, the types of people, your relationship with individuals, maturity level, personality, and a host of other things. The trick is to be able to express appropriate love in its proper context at the correct time. Yes, this is complicated. Yes, we’re going to mess up. But isn’t that part of the beauty of life? Beauty is pain. We will mess up. We will learn. We will move on. Life is exciting. :-)

Oh, and every time you say you have nothing profound to say, I perk up. ;) haha. I haven't proof read this, so I have no idea if it will make any sense. :)

8:44 AM, March 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love is expressed in so many individual ways. If the recipient of your love doesn't understand your way of expressing that emotion - no matter how much your heart loves, the recipient will very likely feel unloved.

G'ma

2:41 PM, March 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home