altogether Beautiful...

That is what my Jesus is to me. His voice is sweet, and His form is lovely. The most amazing, incomprehensible thing, though, is that I am altogether Beautiful to Him.

My Photo
Name:

I am a daughter of the King. I am a friend of sinners. I am confident that nothing shall separate me from the love of God. I am seeking a heart after God's own heart. I am righteous in Jesus Christ, apart from the works of the law. I am not ashamed of the Gospel.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

No right to blog

I have no right to blog right now, as I have only completed 10 hrs. of my 11 hr. per day work/study program to complete all of my assignments by Monday! And yet, here I sit, strangely inspired to blog by the imminent, pressing need to study.

Yes, I know, my brother is good looking. Excuse me, "brother's Are good looking." Don't be jealous, there handsome-guy enzymes in the country water here at home... maybe that's what happened...

I did finish the first draft of one paper, I guess I'll see if it's any good tomorrow. Tomorrow I write a researach paper. I am planning on writing the entire first draft before I go to bed tomorrow night. I think I can do it. No, I'm sure I can.

Sisters are great. If you have a sister, you should call her.

God has been so phenominally good lately, I cannot even begin to describe it. I had a good weekend, a really, really good weekend.

Have you ever thought about God in the context of/ in relation to/ the universe? Driving home on Saturday night I was brought to tears as a friend explained the magnitude of our universe. Stars, so far away, that it takes years for their light to reach the earth. Every single piece of sky is blanketed with stars- there is no spot in the night sky that is not filled with a star which you could see if only you had a telescope big enough. What of other universes? What of other planets? What of other life? God is So BIG, so ENORMOUS, so POWERFUL, so CREATIVE, so MASTERFUL... and of all of his creation, he is OUTSIDE of it! Our very reality was created by God. Our entire universe is inside a box created by Him, and He is outside of it, unrestrained, unrestrainable. Every thing we see, everything we create, was first created. By all things came into being, and without Him was not anything made that was made. We create nothing, we just move things around. As my friend was talking I began to feel so... small, realizing how insignificant not only I am, but my entire earth, my entire reality, my entire existence and all of the things around me. But then, in the heart of that moment, I heard in my heart and in my ears... that I am significant- because I am significant to God. I realized, For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son. And He has a plan for our lives. And we are equipped to fulfill it, not because of us, but because of Him.

Oh that men and women would realize this!! Anyway, about an hour + conversation which was one of the most moving I have experienced in a very long time. From the expance of the universe, the fiber of the very molecules and adams with which all is created. Just unbelievable. I prayed last night that that conversation would be written down and kept in the record of God. I cannot remember every word or every detail, but I wish that I could, and I hope that sometime, someday, God will bring back the words that were spoken and the truth that was revealed to my heart.

I have so much more to say, esp. about God Himself, but for now... I will simply keep His commandments. In what other way can we glorify Him?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannon Marie - Yoou have such a beautiful spirit, it takes my breath away

Love, G'ma

9:21 AM, May 04, 2006  
Blogger LJH said...

Thanks Shannon, so encouraging! Unlike all the other readers I also got to hear this first hand (over the phone of course) and they should all be jealous. :-)

God bless you - I'm praying for you!

Luke

1:53 PM, May 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-)

4:43 PM, May 05, 2006  
Blogger cd2078 said...

Wow that was impressive- as it is said in Baptist cirlces often-that will preach...

3:11 PM, May 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home