altogether Beautiful...

That is what my Jesus is to me. His voice is sweet, and His form is lovely. The most amazing, incomprehensible thing, though, is that I am altogether Beautiful to Him.

My Photo
Name:

I am a daughter of the King. I am a friend of sinners. I am confident that nothing shall separate me from the love of God. I am seeking a heart after God's own heart. I am righteous in Jesus Christ, apart from the works of the law. I am not ashamed of the Gospel.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Full to Overflowing!

Ladies and gentlemen I am full full full to overflowing! And no, I didn't eat too much. God is just so good. He's Marvelous! He's Beautiful! He is everything.

My dear precious friends Rebecca and Timothy were united on Saturday at 1:30 in truly Holy matrimony. God's glory filled the sanctuary as they made their vows, hearts fully and wholely reserved for each other and minds set on Christ. Nothing took from the sacred fulness of joy as Satan was bound hand and foot and the Spirit of God was released upon the whole place. As I stood there I looked at the bride and the groom, I considered the dress, the rings, the flowers, the arch, the unity candle- everything- and remembered praying through them each with Rebecca. I know the story behind each, how as each was surrendered to God He took them and returned to the bride and groom a greater blessing then they could have imagined.

Of note: when Timothy was 15 he began praying for his bride, whoever she might be. He has been praying daily for her for 15 years. In 1997 the Lord prompted him to begin writing down his prayers, so on Saturday after the vows but before the kiss, Timothy presented Rebecca with a treasure chest full of the books he has written for her- well over 3,000 letters, prayers, written and prayed to God for her. It is precious.

All of this has added to my joy, as well as other blessings God has brought into my life, but the greatest gift... is Jesus. Really! He makes me want to dance! The sermon (which I managed to stay awake for) yesterday was about the second coming of Christ. The Second Coming Of CHRIST!!!! JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So anyway, that's what makes me happy. And I've felt like dancing all day. And I can concentrate on work (I'm not sure why it helps so much)- but that's just the way that it is.

I know I have not posted for some time, but I am very happy, doing very well.

I love you all. Some of you in particular, you know who you are (yes you! I hope everyone reading this realizes that I am talking about you- meaning everyone reading this).

God is good. All the time.

How Beautiful
by Twila Paris

How beautiful the hands that served
the wine and the bread
and the sons of the earth.
How beautiful the feet that walked
the long dusty roads
and the hills to the cross.
How beautiful
how beautiful

how beautiful is the body of Christ.

How beautiful the heart that bled
that took all my sin
and bore it instead.
How beautiful the tender eyes
that chose to forgive
and never despise.
How beautiful
how beautiful

how beautiful is the body of Christ.

And as He laid down His life
we offer this sacrifice
that we will live just as he died:
willing to pay the price
willing to pay the price.

How beautiful the radient Bride
who waits for her Groom
with His light in her eyes.
How beautiful when humble hearts give
the fruit of pure lives
so that others may live.
How beautiful
how beautiful

how beautiful is the body of Christ.

How beautiful the feet that bring
the sound of good news
and the love of the King.
How beautiful the hands that serve

the wine and the bread
and the sons of the earth.
How beautiful
how beautiful

how beautiful is the body of Christ.

Amen.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so wish I coul dhave been there. It sounds amazing...

We so need to get otgether sometime. I would love to hear even more about it. After you rest up lest go grab a bite to eat. Feels like ages since I really "saw" you.

Lauren~

9:08 AM, August 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds incredible! Glad you had such a great time and all the hard work paid off. :)

10:05 AM, August 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that song.... my older sang it in church last Sunday. So I thought of you then. :)

3:53 PM, August 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

older sister*

3:54 PM, August 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See you this week!!

*grinning*

9:28 PM, September 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came to see if you had updated and when I saw that you hadn't I read your post again and saw the song. I am singing that in chruch on Oct. 1st. I love that song!!!

9:39 AM, September 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon! How are you? Excited, I bet =) So are you going to go with brown for your dress, or another color? Brown would be cute, I'm thinking...;) It's going to be cute no matter what, though, 'cause Erin's making it, right? :D LOL Well, I'll c u 2mro!

Excited for you ;),

Eden

2:47 PM, September 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home