altogether Beautiful...

That is what my Jesus is to me. His voice is sweet, and His form is lovely. The most amazing, incomprehensible thing, though, is that I am altogether Beautiful to Him.

My Photo
Name:

I am a daughter of the King. I am a friend of sinners. I am confident that nothing shall separate me from the love of God. I am seeking a heart after God's own heart. I am righteous in Jesus Christ, apart from the works of the law. I am not ashamed of the Gospel.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

New York City!

Hey Y'all- I'm headed to NYC! By way of DC, and Alex Mansfield's home :-) I am really looking forward to this. We're going to eat at two of the best steak houses, I hear, anywhere. Jeremy believes that Peter Luger's of NYC is the best, while Alex contends that Ruth's Chris tops all... so we're going to put them to the test and try both.

So what do you wear to a 5-star steak house?

On 9/11 we are going to ground zero, I assume in the morning. Then Peter Luger's at 4:30. Then, we're going to The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway at 8:00!! What do you wear to The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway in NYC?? Hopefully, the perfect black dress. Yesterday over lunch Erin Swayze offered to make me a dress. She whips out formals like nobody's business, and they're absolutely stunning... so we shall see :-) Black on black- I love the idea, and we'll see if it can look as good on me as it does in my mind's eye. hehe. Oh well, whatever happens it will be fun. If it turns out well I'll try to post a picture!

I'm just so so happy. So really very happy.

God is good.

Love y'all,
Shannon

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds amazing! If you need anything else just let me know. A formal purse as well???...lol...
Another dress...hehehehe....I am your girl!

Can't wait to hear all about it. Take lots and lots of pictures!

12:30 PM, September 07, 2006  
Blogger Shannon Jessup said...

It's coming! Tea-length, full skirt, fitted bodice with half-inch straps -wide set-... all with sheer black overlay. It's going to be so beautiful!!

-Shannon

4:58 PM, September 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If it turns out well"?? lol. It's going to look amazing!

Can't wait to see you too!

Alex

6:22 PM, September 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Black, awesome! Can't wait to see a picture! I miss you already! The TC just isn't the same without ya, girl! I agree w/Lo: take LOTS of pictures! =) Have fun on your trip!

l8a,

~Eden

7:07 PM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger Alex said...

so jealous!! Phantom of the Opera has always been my very favorite, although I've never seen it in person. Hope you have a lovely time!

1:36 PM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger Dan O said...

When you go to Peter Luger, you really don't need to dress up. The food is five star, but the restaurant itself is casual.

Which one did you like better, anyway?

Toodles,
Dan

3:59 PM, September 15, 2006  
Blogger cd2078 said...

Thanks for praying-i do appreciate it very much...

8:46 AM, September 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should go to my xanga sometime

9:05 PM, September 28, 2006  
Blogger cd2078 said...

Happy birthday Miss Hodges...

6:10 AM, October 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... any updates? :)

8:56 AM, October 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home