altogether Beautiful...

That is what my Jesus is to me. His voice is sweet, and His form is lovely. The most amazing, incomprehensible thing, though, is that I am altogether Beautiful to Him.

My Photo
Name:

I am a daughter of the King. I am a friend of sinners. I am confident that nothing shall separate me from the love of God. I am seeking a heart after God's own heart. I am righteous in Jesus Christ, apart from the works of the law. I am not ashamed of the Gospel.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

In my life Lord...

Be Glorified.

The Bathroom is CLEAN!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!
And progress is being made too on the kitchen :-)

Seriously, when we got here- oh yeah, Jonathan (my husband), Jeremiah (his brother), and Jessica (our friend) have moved to China together. Right now the four of us, plus Jenny (our new friend, interpretor, and mini-mother) are living in a good sized apartment in Wenzhou, China. To learn more about our adventures over the past week please refer to Jonathan's Blog. I am currently sitting on our very large purple couch. We washed our grey/brown curtains this morning and found out that they are actually a bright, beautiful ivory color- very lovely indeed.

We sat in on a demonstration/orientation English class last night conducted by Lunis, a long-time English teacher at the academy we will be teaching at. He was teaching 2 1/2- 3 year olds at their very first English class. The children are so beautiful!!!! I am very excited. At the same time, I don't want to teach English- I want to go home. I cried a good cry last night. I miss you mom and dad!

I am very grateful for the team that I am here with, we all get along very well and enjoy being together. Thank you Jesus!

Ok, Wally is here now. Ok, maybe I'll post pictures later. :-)

Love,
Shannon

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon! Thanks for posting! Luke and I miss you guys, but are so excited for your adventure!

Are you picking up on Chinese quickly? Do you get stared at? (In Japan, depending on the area, people would stare at us because we really stuck out!)

How old are the kids you are going to be teaching?

6:20 PM, September 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So will we need to wait until October 2009 before we get the next post! ;)

9:00 AM, September 19, 2008  
Blogger The Blonde said...

Wow! I just stumbled across your blog. This is Janille :D Great stuff! I'll have to visit on a regular basis. I love your stories!

7:25 AM, January 27, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home