altogether Beautiful...

That is what my Jesus is to me. His voice is sweet, and His form is lovely. The most amazing, incomprehensible thing, though, is that I am altogether Beautiful to Him.

My Photo
Name:

I am a daughter of the King. I am a friend of sinners. I am confident that nothing shall separate me from the love of God. I am seeking a heart after God's own heart. I am righteous in Jesus Christ, apart from the works of the law. I am not ashamed of the Gospel.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Mommyhood


Oh my goodness, I simply cannot get over this child of mine! (whom I affectionately call "small child," as in "Hello, small child! How are you this morning?") I absolutely adore him, which stands to reason seeing that he is absolutely adorable.

Jonathan David Jessup was born on September 20, 2009, at 10:40pm. His due date was October 10, but we just couldn't wait to meet one another. Jonathan David weighed 8lbs 5oz at birth and was 21.5" long. He was born a very healthy boy.

He has since learned to eat, hold his head up straight, watch TV (I wish I was joking), sleep through the night, smile and laugh, not cry when his diaper is being changed, raise himself up with his arms and look around while lying on his tummy, put his pacifier in his mouth, grab mommy's hair/thumb/shirt, chat up a storm in "baby", complain when frustrated, spit long distances, stretch when tired or waking up, yawn, and generally wrap everyone he meets around his tiny, strong fingers.

I am getting more informed on American politics than I was able to be in China- much to the chagrin of my husband :-). We have a dog, temporarily, who is a sweet lovable thing that annoys everybody.

My husband and I are currently discussing investment strategies :-) Actually, we have taken a moment to trouble-shoot my mom's picture-uploading difficulties. We will be back to discussions post haste.

Life is grand with a baby in hand. Love to all!
-Shannon Jessup

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you on here again! And even nicer to hear your joy :)

6:16 PM, January 24, 2010  
Blogger Shannon Jessup said...

Thank you! Whomsoever you are... :-)

10:01 PM, January 27, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home